2. THEME: «When peace will be»
3. DEADLINE : 15th February 2014
4. PARTICIPANTS : Are admitted cartoonists of any country, sex, or age.
The participants accept the regulations as well as the jury's decisions
The jury has the right to refuse an artwork for moral reasons.
There will be no correspondence about the contest or the jury's decisions..
5. THE JURY: 5 members and presided by the Director of the festival.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Each author is allowed to submit maximum 3 artworks.
Characteristics: Black and white or color artworks without text and in standard A4 format
Artworks must be delivered by internet only in 300 dpi resolution and in Jpeg format to:
Previously awarded cartoons are not allowed to participate
The artist must complete the registration form on the website
www.virton-cartoons.be/concours.html and join a biography and photo or self-portrait.
The full list of participants will be published on the website www.virton-cartoons.be
7. ROYALTIES: By participating, the authors agree that the organization may archive, print,
or reproduce the artworks to be used for all purposes without any compensation for the artist.
All the award winning artwork becomes property of the organization and will not be returned.
This way a permanent collection is established to promote our venue.
8. EXHIBITIONS: from Thursday 29th May to Saturday 7th June included
9. AWARDS: The award-ceremony will take place Thursday 29th May at 20:00
A selection of the best artworks will appear in the catalogue
“ Rencontres Internationales du dessin de presse et d’humour de Virton 2014”.
1st prize: 500 € + invitation
2nd prize: 250 € Before we can award the prices,
3nd prize: 150 € the laureates will be asked to send
us the originals.
SEND YOUR ARTWORKS ONLY TO
DEADLINE 15th FEBRUARY 2014
Organization: Lions Club La Gaume Virton et La Gaume ça Cartoon a.s.b.l